- We live on the same floor during freshman year of undergrad and bond over our shared appreciation for sarcasm and Chipotle.
- After several months of friendship, we become romantically involved.
- Ryan applies to medical school for the first time, and I serve as Editor in Chief of the secondary applications.
- No interviews.
- Ryan undergoes back surgery because of a herniated disc.
- I am accepted into a Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy Program.
- Ryan is accepted into a Master’s in Medical Science Program.
- We graduate from undergrad.
- Ryan and I move in together.
- Ryan graduates from his Master’s program.
- We adopt Lana, a 3.5 month-old German shepherd mix.
- Ryan applies to medical school for the second time and receives five invitations to interview.
- Ryan is accepted into medical school!!!
- Lana turns one!
- I graduate from my Master’s program.
- Ryan begins medical school.
- I get a job at a group practice in Chicago.
- Lana turns 2!
- Ryan earns a spot in Loyola’s Research Summer Internship where he works on a project in the radiology department.
- My sister is married on the weekend before Ryan’s finals for his first year of medical school.
- Ryan finishes first year and becomes an M2!
- Ryan plays The Witcher III all summer long.
- Ryan enters his second year of medical school.
- Lana turns 3!
- Ryan completes USMLE Step 1.
- Our friends, Jeff and Casey, are married.
- Ryan enters his third year of medical school and begins rotations.
- Ryan and I are engaged!
- Ryan and I pick a date and location for our wedding.
- Lana turns 4!
- I receive an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy.
- Ryan researches and applies to away rotations in Radiation Oncology.
- Ryan begins applying to residency programs.
- Ryan enters his fourth year of medical school and begins elective rotations.
- Ryan interviews for residency programs.
- Ryan completes USMLE Step 2.
- Ryan and I are married!
- Match Day!
- Ryan graduates from medical school.